MAC Lipsticks | Velvet Teddy & Media

Up to this point I have not owned any MAC products as I'm always broke and never want to waste so much money on make up. This has changed now and I've become more into 'higher end' makeup. For Christmas I asked for two MAC lipsticks, in amazing shades. I asked for Velvet Teddy, which I have seen all over the blogging community and fell in love with, and Media, a dark berry red shade which is totally me.



          

Velvet Teddy is one that I've seen on a huge amount of blogs and I really loved how it looked on everyone so I decided I wanted to try it out for myself. It's a dark beige kinda brown nude lipstick and I think it suits everyone I have seen it on. It's perfect to go with a really natural or simple make up look. It's such a good lipstick for every day wear and I think I'm pretty much obsessed with it, I've been wearing it almost every day since Christmas. It's subtle and has long-wear and I think it's gotten me really into nude lipsticks, something I haven't been really into before. 

Media is a dark purple red shade but looks more red on the lips, it looks similar to MAC's Rebel lipstick but it's a bit lighter. This lipstick looks amazing with party looks and for nights out, it stays on really well and barely fades even after eating food. It glams up any make up look super quickly and it's become one of my favourite lipstick colours. 


Swatches are in order Velvet Teddy and Media

I'm so impressed by the quality and stay power of these lipsticks and can't believe it took me so long to get some. I can definitely see myself buying some more soon. So if anyone has some shade recommendations please let me know! 

Has anyone tried these MAC lipstick shades before?

4 comments

  1. I love MAC lipsticks! I own 2 as well. I have the "Heroine" and "Living legend". Those two are my favorite make-up products ever. They are both mat finish and very pigmented. I usually wear them when I go out clubbing and they spice up every look. I wanted a "Velvet teddy" for a long time, and I still do kind of, but I don't think it would suit me because I'm very pale and have thin lips. With the lipsticks I already mentioned I can overdraw my lips a little bit and it looks fine, but I don't think I would be able to do the same with the "Velvet teddy". So, unfortunately I don't see myself buying the "Velvet teddy". The "Media" tho is absolutely gorgeous and I might buy that one, haha. :)
    You should've posted photos with you wearing lipsticks!
    I love the post tho!

    Hope we're following each other <3
    www.batty-blonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just googled those lipsticks and I love them both but 'Living Legend' looks so beautiful I definitely need to check it out next time I'm out! I think 'Velvet Teddy' would suit you, it's such a good shade to wear with a natural look and it gives them a nice healthy colour! I'm a lover of darker lipsticks anyway though so. :) I was actually thinking I should've posted a picture of them on and I'll do it next time for sure, thank you for your comment!

      And yes I'm following you already! <3

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I am so keen to get velvet teddy.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's definitely such a perfect nude shade if that's what you're looking for! :)

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete