Travel Essentials | Carry On Luggage

I recently went on my first trip abroad in over three years and even though it was only a four day trip it was super exciting. As it was such a short trip I only needed to bring carry on luggage which meant that I was limited in what I could bring in terms of the amount of stuff and with liquid restrictions. Before I write my travel diaries I thought I should start by writing my carry on travel essentials, as it's actually more difficult packing for carry on than I originally thought, unless you decide to buy certain things abroad.



I'm not sure what the minimal liquid size for carry on is everywhere but as far as I know it should be 100ml in most places, I was afraid some of my makeup would be over that but nothing was so that was perfect. (I brought the minis of most things I could find to save space though). Other than makeup the most essential thing is makeup wipes or remover. I found that all of my cleansers and toners were over the limit so the best thing for travel is makeup wipes. Even if you don't need to remove makeup, they're so essential to help your skin and face fresh and awake after a long time travelling. I find that the Boots Essentials cleansing wipes are so good for my skin as I am super fussy about makeup wipes, my skin is so sensitive to them but these ones pass with flying colours.
The next product is a mini toothpaste, as it it something I always easily forget but is super important.




The next essentials are shampoos and body washes, although you usually get some in a hotel I find you don't get enough or you just want to take the mini bottles home with you. I picked up the Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner from the Boots mini travel section, which is so amazing for travel as they have so much and always have great deals. I'd never tried these before and they smelled so amazing, like bubblegum and so sweet. The last thing to throw in your travel bag is clearly a deodorant or small body spray to help freshen up after long days. Also don't forget to bring a good book for all the waiting around for trains and planes etc. My book of choice was All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven which I am still currently finishing, so far so good though. 


These are my travel essentials and what I brought with me on my most recent travel adventure which I will post about next week. What's everyone else's travel essentials? Is anyone travelling anywhere nice for the summer? 

16 comments

  1. I'll be definitely taking some Dove goodies abroad with me, their minis are so good!
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right they last ages too so it's so handy to have a few! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I always make sure I have some toothpaste too! A little bit of moisturiser and contact lens liquid and I'm good to go :)

    onmyayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something so easily forgotten but so important! Oh same here, I didn't have the right case to carry contact liquid with me and it was so messy :( xx

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Wishing I was traveling abroad:(
    I am loving my EOS cucumber hand lotion right now, so I will be taking that when we find out where we're going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was going to a hot country like Spain :( Never tried it sounds fab though! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. I love mini's like this....i just find them so cute!
    Kia x x x

    http://www.itskiaerin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so sad when you have to use them then! xx

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. I find packaging so difficult as I want to take everything x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mini's are so cute I want them all, and they make packing so much easier! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, I'm soo happy to see Aussie do mini products, I'll need to get some before I i go away!

    Lauren x | https://huggled.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! That was the first time I'd tried an Aussie product actually! They're so good, work so well and smells so great! Do! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  7. Oooh I feel you! At the start of the year I finally left for a much needed vacation. Much needed after being grounded for nearly 5 years. Gahhh that killed me. I can't do another 5 without travelling.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes going away even more exciting though! I love airports and flying a lot so I get super excited to even be there before getting there! It's always great to just get away, we all need it once in a while! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. I think the carry-on is harder to pack than my main luggage too :') I've known so many people whose luggage has got lost that I try to pack whatever I could need for a day or 2

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had a carry on with me so it was even harder to fit everything in! I've never lost luggage thank god but it's always a good idea to bring spares just in case of the worst! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete