A Restart and New Beginning

Hi there. Welcome to my blog, or welcome back if you've been here before. It's been a long time since I've written and posted and it's been due to multiple reasons. Mainly due to work and study being way too overwhelming in the past year to keep up with other commitments alongside it so I took a back step from blogging.

The second reason for it taking so long to come and write again is me putting myself off. I keep convincing myself that I have nothing interesting to share, or that I don't have the resources to keep up with blogging trends and other people's blogging styles. So I didn't want to write things that in the end are useless and uninteresting posts.

Then I realised that blogging is each individual perspective on the world and sharing content even if no one reads it is a wonderful way to share ideas and stories in the world. Which was the reason that I started in the first place. Not only to share highlights of things I have enjoyed and not - but to share and help and inspire others, while also being a creative and artistic outlet. Which I think is wonderful. We're often too busy to do things we enjoy and this is me stopping to take the little moments and things in again.



So I've taken a little time in deciding whether to come back and post, and although most people who probably read my blog before are no longer here - I'm giving my blog a fresh start. I'm not changing the name or layout or anything - yet I've decided to be more lenient on what content I decide to post. I will still be posting many product reviews and travel posts like I used to do (although I will admit now I am trying to be more minimalist in my belongings which makes it harder - yet is a post in itself) but I also want to write about anything I feel like writing at the time as I love writing and should not feel limited in my own online space. Hopefully this will create not only a place of me sharing but of others sharing back. If not then I will still enjoy writing and sharing content again.

I am a little out of touch with the blogging world so hopefully won't take me long to feel at home again. If anyone wants to send me little words of wisdom or tips please share them!

4 comments

  1. Congratulations on managing to publish another interesting blog post in addition to having kept up with your commitments and your studies.
    You have done way more blog posts than I have (my last blog post was almost exactly one year ago and was titled: "Last Minute Halloween Excuse Post with Old Full Drag Selfies and Thanks to Commenters"). Thank you for reminding me of many of the enjoyable and beneficial aspects of blogging.
    You write beautifully, and your posts are fun to read. Best wishes for the rest of this year and for all the years ahead.
    P.S.: I also love reading your Tweets on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Would've loved to do more but life gets in the way and you can't plan for everything! Well here's to getting back into the swing of things! Also thank you! I've an English degree so I guess that helps!

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. so true!
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you had a good one! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete