Zoella X Colourpop Liquid Lipsticks

Zoella was one of the first Youtubers I watched when I was in my early teens and I've always enjoyed watching her videos. Although I don't enjoy them as much as I used to I still have a lot of fondness for her and the things that she does. When I heard that she was collaborating with Colourpop I was so excited. Colourpop is one of my favourite brands, I think they do amazing products, and they're always really good value. I love how creative they are with their designs and products. Zoe's collaboration is called Brunch Date, and it's based around the idea of having lunch with friends. Zoe's make up style isn't as extravagant as a lot of other influencers I follow, and I've seen people complain about the collab because of this because it's boring. Personally I am all for it, I love really simple make up that I would wear all the time, as I would get the most use out of it. I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes that I don't use so I thought I would get the lip products (and an eyeliner) that I would use all the time. 


The collection is based off food that you would find in a brunch, and there are little egg patterns. The bigger packages are made like milk cartons and I think the whole designs are very visually pleasing and creative.


I love the colours that she has chosen, two are nudes, one is a more pink nude, the other a darker purple toned nude, but both are quite light. I wear them almost everyday since I got them. The other is a deep pure red, I wouldn't wear this one as much but it is like the ultimate red shade, perfect for special occasions. I love the formulations of these liquid lipsticks, they're probably the best I've ever tried. They are quick drying and look and feel really nice. They don't last an awful long time but I don't mind re-applying as it doesn't dry out my lips at all. I also got the black eyeliner from the collection as I have too many liquid eyeliners and not enough kohl ones. This one is twistable, you have to be a little bit gentle with it, as I broke a little bit off when first using it. The black has flecks of gold glitter within which I love the idea of but you can't really see it. Yet this product has such a long lasting effect and really does need to be wiped off with makeup remover to come off other than that it doesn't budge all day which I love.

 . 

I actually can't pick my favourite shade, I love both of the nudes, Little One, and @ Me, and as they are both so similar I just alternate between them. The only thing I dislike is the shipping costs from the US, and all of the product packaging cam damaged in the post, but that doesn't bother me too much.

Swatches are @ Me, Little One, and Self Love Club. The last is the eyeliner swatch,  XOXO.

Overall I really love this collection and Colourpop in general and I wish I had gotten more from the collection. Has anyone tried any pieces from Brunch Date yet?

3 comments

  1. I love the shades of these, I think it might finally be time for me to try Colourpop!

    Danielle xx
    https://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I still haven't tried these! They look amazing

    www.petiteelliee.com

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. colourpop lipstick pashopvn 's the best

    ReplyDelete