Gaeltacht Blues

I went away for three weeks down to a gaeltacht and honestly it was one of the best times of my life. For those of you who don't know what a gaeltacht is, it's irish speaking parts of Ireland.

I'm not going to write about what gaeltacht I went to just going to write about it in general. I stayed in an amazing house with three other girls, two of which are my best friends and one whom I'd never met before but we became very close over the three weeks. We had classes every morning. Sports, dance and music in the afternoon or another activity, then a ceili or activity in the night. There was always something to do and the people were so welcoming and I made such good friends there. We did some other activites like trips shopping and to the beach. My favourite was kayaking, where I got to try a double kayak for the first time and I really enjoyed it.

I've been home less than a week now and I'm already missing it so much. There's such a difference living in the country and coming back to the city. I always thought I loved the city a lot but I've come to realise how much I love the countryside and how pretty and peaceful it is.

I'm writing this post because I want to say if you are still able to go to a gaeltacht you 100% should go, it's an amazing experience and I regret not going when I was younger. It was such a good way to spend my summer and I've made some great memories too. If you live in Ireland and you've got the money, definetly consider going, you won't regret it!

No comments