Too Faced Gingerbread Extra Spicy | Palette Review

As soon as I saw the Too Faced Gingerbread Extra Spicy palette I knew that it was the ultimate Christmas season palette. This palette contains 18 shades and like the Too Faced peach range, it smells like its name. It smells like gingerbread and it's perfect in the winter season. The palette is a perfect combination of warm toned brown, nude, and pink tones. All the colours are based off that of a gingerbread man which is also very cute. 


The palette not only smells amazing but the colours are great quality, as you would expect from Too Faced. The shades are very soft too touch and are smooth to apply. They have a little bit of chalky texture so don't always pay off as much as other shadows with a wetter texture but with a bit of primer and setting spray there's no issue. They are really nice shades for everyday use. The colours are all very neutral while also adding a nice festive edge throwing in some red and pink shades which are always nice in this season! Warm tones when you want to be warm is always a good idea.




My favourite shades from this palette are Midnight Snack, which is a dark blue in the pan but on the eye its a bright electric blue and it contains a gold shimmer throughout. It goes really well against the other warm and neutral tones. It's the only exciting shade in the palette which I am glad to see but I would've liked one or two more exciting shades. I also like In a Pinch, which is a nice brown toned orange and Extra Spicy and Hot Tamale, a variation of the same shade, one more red and one more pink undertone. I like that the shades are a mixture of matte and shimmer shades, more matte than shimmer which I love as I feel like there's too much glitter in every palette now.


The swatches above are of the first and second row in order (I unfortunately lost the image of the last row of swatches I'm not sure how)

Overall, I like the theme of this palette and it's also limited edition, so more than likely won't be around for too much longer. Definitely it will be my most warn palette to compliment a red or dark lip this season. Has anyone else tried this yet? What do you think? 

1 comment

  1. I love that the Gingerbread Extra Spicy palette includes darker colours like Cookie Call Midnight Snack.
    I also love the names of the colours.
    You must look stunningly gorgeous after applying them!

    My blog: Full Brief Panties
    My YouTube: misterpantybuns Channel
    My Twitter: @Panty_Buns

    ReplyDelete