NYX Rome Set | Review

I'm a huge fan of NYX products so I'm always up to trying new stuff that they have, and they've had these little sets named after cities and I got the Rome one to test out. It contains four eye shadows, a blush, highlighter and a liquid lipstick, and it's a cute little set for essentials especially for travelling and having lots of things in the one place.


There's four eye shadows in the palette set but I don't know the individual names for them, they're only on the back of the palette as ingredients as a whole. There's two purple eyeshadows which I really like but they're very similar in shade, one has a gold glitter element and the other has more of a silver shimmer but other than that they could be the same. Theres a pretty shimmery gold and a coral peachy pink and they are nice together but not my favourite eyeshadows to wear. I find that NYX eyeshadows aren't very pigmented and are very hard to apply even if they're nice colours. These ones are quite nice but don't last very long but are nice for casual wear but not so much for a long time. 


The highlighter is a pale nude colour and it has a subtle shimmer, it's not what I'd normally go for in a highlighter but it's really nice to add a pop of shimmer to your cheeks. The blush is a similar texture and consistency it's more of a coral colour and adds colour but not too much which is something I like.

The liquid lipstick is in the shade Rome and it's quite a dark nude colour, it has red and purple undertones and it's really nice on. I love their soft matte lip creams, they're super creamy and smooth and can last a long time and even when they fade they fade out nicely.

(The swatches are of the eyeshadows, liquid lipstick in Rome, highlighter and blush)

Overall I think the colours and the idea of the set are really nice and they look really well together, they're both natural and a little bit darker too with the purples. I think it's a nice idea to have all these things in one set that you can bring around with you.

Has anyone else tried this or other ones? What do you think?

6 comments

  1. Leigh, I love NYX too! Their products are so affordable yet amazing quality. Thank you for sharing!
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of my favourites always good quality! I love their lip products the most! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I've always been impressed with Nyx for both their low prices and fantastic quality and your post has reminded me how long its been since I had a splurge! It's a shame about the eye shadows in this palette but the highlighters are so pretty!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here actually I feel like I went off them for a while but I really want to start trying more of their stuff again! They're all lovely shades though! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Oh my god this sounds amazing. I love NYX and the place names always get me. I bought one of their lipsticks recently and it was so perfect, both cheap and beautiful, and also really longlasting. I've struggled to find other products with the same quality and price.

    Have a great weekend!
    Amy; Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price you can't go wrong! This set was less than twenty euro which is so good for all the different things you get! Love all their stuff I need to have another splurge soon! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete