How to Train Your Dragon 2 Review

How to Train Your Dragon was such a cute film but when I heard they were making a sequel, I wasn't quite sure what they were going to do with it. So I obviously went to see it anyway having loved the first one. The first film finishes with the vikings and dragons living amongst each other and this is where the sequel picks of from. The film takes place five years after the first includes all the characters from the previous movie including everyones favourite dragon, Toothless. The film begins with Hiccup finding new islands with Toothless and they soon find that they have a new threat on their hands. They find themselves in the middle of a battle to protect the peace between dragons and vikings.

I thought the film was really good, I didn't feel bored at any moment during it. There were moments during it that had good twists to keep viewers interested. It was a happy, uplifting and fun film that is suitable for anyone. There were a few very emotional parts of the film that I didn't expect and they almost had me in tears. The film flows really well and is animated in 3D and looks well also. Toothless is my favourite character, he doesn't speak but I find myself laughing at his motions and movements. I really think this is a good film for not only kids but adults too, it's such a good family film. You leave the cinema feeling happy and cheery, so if your ever feeling down, go and see this film.

Has anyone else seen this and what do you think?

No comments