Lokai Bracelets

I first saw an image of these bracelets about a year ago and I thought the concept behind them is so cute. If you've never seen them before they are are plastic bubble bracelets with one white and one black. The white one contains water from mount Everest and the black one contains mud from the Dead Sea.

I really love the concept behind these bracelets which is why I asked for them. It's meant to represent the highs and lows in life. The water from Mount Everest represents the high points in life and the mud from the Dead Sea represents the lows. The thing I like about the bracelets is that they symbolize balance. Meaning if you're at a low you won't be there forever and vice-versa, which is a good thing to think about when you're feeling sad. It's nice to have a little reminder that things will get better, and even if you're at a high, you can be happy knowing how far you've come to get there. 



I don't know why you can't read the writing on the picture but it says 'Water from Mount Everest: Sometimes you're on top of the world, stay humble', and 'Mud from the Dead Sea: Sometimes you've hit a low, stay hopeful'. I really like how simply it's put. It's so cheerful and upbeat. I haven't actually worn the bracelet much because it keeps getting stuck when I wear a jacket, which is essential these days, so it makes me sad that I don't wear it out much.


The white one is the original Lokai bracelet and the pink one was released during October in aid of breast cancer and breast cancer awareness month. When you buy one they donate some money towards the cause, which is another good reason to get one. I just think it's a cute, simple way to uplift someones mood or to get them to think about the better things in life. That's what it does for me anyway. 

Anyone have any Lokai bracelets or think it's a good idea? 

No comments