Animal Crossing New Horizons | Nintendo Switch Review

Like a lot of others worldwide I have been very excited to hear that a new Animal Crossing game was to be released for the Nintendo Switch as I loved the game as a kid and I didn't grow up much so the same excitement still stands. It's called Animal Crossing New Horizons. The game being released this week means I have had a lot of time to explore and figure out the new game so I thought I'd share what I loved about the new game in comparison to the old Nintendo DS version (the only other one I've played), So that being said there will be a lot of game spoilers in this so if you're wanting to play and don't want to know what happens you might want to avoid this post - but if you want to discuss the game with me and you've played this is the perfect place to do so! 


Things I love about the new game:
  • I love the choices that you get from the very beginning of the game - chose your island and where you put other people's tents etc.
  • The story seems more structured than that of previous games - there's a lot of things to be unlocked over time
  • There's a lot more materials to be collected on the islands in a day - and I love the craft-ability of things 
  • I love that you can decorate outside and not just inside gives room for more creativity
  • The Nook Milage system is a great way to keep the story and gameplay going while you wait for the day to reset a few things and gives extra goals to live up to
  • So far there's been a lot more surprises I've found on the island (I won't spoil)
  • It's very easy to visit friends villages and share with them
  • Better home decoration and storage within the house and pockets (plus you can put things on the wall)
  • I love that you're not confined within your own island and you get the chance to travel elsewhere even without connecting with friends
  • It's all so cute!



Is anyone else playing this game at the moment? What are your thoughts?

No comments