Lip Care Routine

Although it is no longer Winter, the harsh and cold weather is still prominent. With this my lips get extremely dry and uncomfortable. I know I should look after my lips everyday regardless of weather but with the cold my lips need extra care. Over the past few months I've been doing a few steps in my lip care routine that I feel really helped keep my lips feeling hydrated and soft.


Firstly - I use a lip scrub (currently using the Kiko one pictured) to remove any dead skin and rough particles from my lips to keep them soft and to remove anything that you don't want on your lips. Never leave this on after you scrub always wipe it off before applying anything else. 

Secondly - I will hydrate my lips using a choice of lip balm. I always use Carmex as it is a life saver when it comes to dry or chapped lips. I usually use the tub which is more of a liquid as it seems to hydrate and refresh better. If you're lips aren't too bad then the regular balm is a better choice. Even though they are the same product I do think they have different qualities in different packaging. This hydrates and restores the dryness of your skin. 

Lastly - I will apply the lipstick or lipcolour that I would like to wear on that day. If I know my lips are feeling very dry and sore I will pick usually a gloss or lipstick. A liquid lipstick is usually the most drying for your lips so I would avoid unless you have one you like. I actually have chosen a liquid lipstick as this one is very light and isn't drying. It the Kiko Unlimited Double Touch - and this comes with the liquid lipstick colour on one side and a gloss finish on the other. The gloss finish is why I often use this one as after the colour is applied the gloss finish add a hydrating coat but a finish that also protects the lips from outside extremities after it has dried so it is a good way to keep the lips protected.


Does anyone use any good lip balms or colours that are good for your lips during harsh weather?


No comments