My Sustainable Skincare Routine

If you have seen some of my recent posts you'll know that I am trying to live more sustainably. Therefore I am trying to produce as little waste as I can and using transport, shopping and eating habits that have the least impact on our Earth. So all of the products that I am using on my skin I try to make sure they are zero or minimal waste, and cruelty free. I used to just use make up wipes and cotton pads to remove my makeup but they do not break down easily and cause lots of waste every day. So I've changed my routine. 


Instead of using makeup wipes that I dispose of every day - I've switched to a facial cleanser and a reusable cloth. I use Lush's facial cleanser, usually ultrabland (which I will be swapping out with the new version Lush has brought out which is vegan) which I have discussed before. I chose this as Lush's black pots which this is packaged in are recyclable and you can actually bring them back to the store to insure this and get a new face mask when you bring five pots back. I take makeup off and cleanse by applying the product to my face then removing with a wet cloth. The cute hedgehog one I've chosen is from Cath Kidston. The great thing about using these is that you wash them and use them again so therefore there is very little waste to dispose of. I also think this is more natural and allows the skin to breathe more.  

Sometimes if I am travelling or need to remove makeup very quickly - as life happens sometimes, I'll use a biodegradable makeup wipe. Switching to a biodegradable makeup wipe is easy and they are now everywhere which is great. The benefit is that these wipes are easily broken down and don't harm the environment, unlike regular wipes which don't break down easily and the chemicals and materials aren't as natural.


I would recommend doing every little thing you can to reduce waste and in turn it's definitely a more natural and less harmful route to take for your skin if you're looking to change your skincare routine!
Anyone else have any good more sustainable skincare tips?

1 comment

  1. t's wonderful that you have been trying to live more sustainably.
    It would be very good for our planet if more people did that.
    The biodegradable wipes sound like an excellent choice.
    I love that Lush has brought out a new version of their facial cleanser which is vegan.

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete