Summer Lipsticks | Oranges and Pinks

I've been meaning to write this post for so long I hate when I do this. Since the weather has finally picked up here in Ireland, we've been getting such warm and sunny days. This is great but not so great for your make up which will be running down your face. I tend to wear very minimal to no make up when it's very warm out because it feels so much better for my skin. In summer it's a time to wear much brighter lipsticks or to just go for a simple nude for a natural look. I thought I'd share the summer lipsticks I wear all the time and also the ones that are perfect for summer which I wish I wore much more.




Seventeen Stay Pout in Man Hunt: What a name for a lipstick. This lipstick looks like the most orange lipstick ever it looks so terrifying, but in reality it's not actually that bright on. It's more of a coral peachy shade, although it's still bright it's very wearable. I'm trying to make myself wear it more because I actually like it. Yet because I'm so pale the thoughts of wearing a pale lipstick make me feel like my face is going to look really washed out, which I know it actually doesn't. This lipstick is quite cheap and I have to say the packaging feels good quality and sturdy. The lipstick formulation is a little thick but it does the job and stays on very well.

Collection Work the Colour Matt Lip Butter in 02 Pumpkin Pie: This lipstick is the most orange out of the bunch and it's really bright. I wore this a lot at the start of summer when I was feeling adventurous but now it intimidates me a lot. It's really pigmented and it can be drying on the lips but I really love this range of lipsticks. It only comes in three colours; of which I have them all, and they're only around three euro which I think is really good value. Especially if you wanna try out a bright orange shade for cheap.

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish in 16: This shade is so pretty, it's a really light peachy pink and it's so cute on, I would call this the perfect summer shade. I think it looks perfect with a nice summer dress or shorts. If you read back on my older blog posts you'll know that I love the Rimmel Kate Moss range of lipsticks so it's no surprise that I have three shades in this post as I think they have a perfect formulation and there's so much choice in the range. Plus the new rose gold packaging is amazing.


   

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish 02: The next shade is another Rimmel Kate moss and this one is a very vibrant pink. This one makes me look so pale because it's so vibrant but it would look so good on a sunny day when you're wearing tan or getting a tan. I don't wear this shade much but I want to be more adventurous with lipsticks again as I used to be. Lately I just wear the NYX Soft Matte Lipcreams but the shades I have are all very safe.

Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 04 On the Catwalk: This shade looks dark in the packaging but the lipstick formulation isn't that strong or pigmented so the lipstick actually comes out quite sheer and light. It comes out a dark pink with red tones and adds a bit of shine and colour to your lips. I like that it's not that strong of a colour for summer, it looks more natural and also it won't feel heavy on your lips but it moisturizes.

Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish 30: This is the darkest shade out of all the lipsticks I picked. It's a dark red-purple but it's not too dark. It'd be perfect for a summer night out or just a general day wear. I probably shouldn't have picked so many lipsticks from the same range but I genuinely use them so much and think they're so worth it, you're guaranteed to find something you like.


Swatches are in order: Seventeen Stay Pout in Man Hunt, Collection Matt Lip Butter in 02 Pumpkin Pie, Rimmel Kate Moss 16, Rimmel Kate Moss 02, Essence 04 On the Catwalk, and Rimmel Kate Moss 30.

I feel like summers not only for neutral colours but for trying out vibrant and funky, cool shades that you wouldn't normally wear if it was raining outside. Although I wear a lot of nude lipstick, trying brighter pinks and oranges is a great thing to add to any look during the hotter months. Also no lipstick is limited to a certain time of year, I'd just like to mention that for a last word.

What's everyone's favourite summer lipstick?

25 comments

  1. The colours are so pretty! x

    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I buy too many lipsticks because they're pretty! It's a problem! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Love your choices ^^ <3

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Kate Moss lipsticks! I don't have any of the shades you listed, but 16 does look like the perfect summer shade! x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my favourite drugstore lipsticks for sure! It is I'm gonna be wearing it so much for the next month! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. These shades all look lovely, so bright and vibrant for summer ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright and vibrant shades put you in such a good mood for summer! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. I wish we had Collection in where I live! I love the pumpkin pie shade, it's so summery :) x

    Regina | Paper Hobbit's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you not have it? They're such a good brand! I know so so cute! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  6. Just followed you there! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wearing bright color on my lips during Summer, but like you said, no lipstick is limited to a certain time of year! Lately I love wearing nudes too :D

    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely a nude lipstick girl but it's always good to be adventurous sometimes! xx

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  8. These are definitely the perfect summer shades!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something of each variation! Some brighter colours with subtler ones is the best mix! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  9. I always prefer nude lipsticks... but these sound great although I'm not sure I would dare to wear them! I love coral shades though :)

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coral shades scare me the most but they're so pretty! And nudes are definitely my fave too especially matte ones! xx

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  10. These shades are so pretty! I like bright lipsticks for summer.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect time to wear them in the sun! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  11. I adore Kate's Rimmel lipsticks, there are so many fantastic colours with great staying power. I actually quite enjoy the Bourjois Rouge Velvet glosses at the moment!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such a great buy and such good value! Oh I heard they're so good! I love the packaging I should really try them! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  12. Love everything you picked out, especially Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish 30, that one is my favorite xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the darker ones but still great for summer! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  13. I love Kate Moss 30! I may have to pick it up for the transition from Summer to Fall!

    www.youarebeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's definitely the perfect time to wear it!! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete