X-Men: Days of Future Past movie review

This has been a movie I've been dying to see since I first heard it was coming out. I'm a huge lover of the Marvel Universe so obviously the X-Men are no exception to this. I didn't manage to see it in the first week it came out unfortunately but I have still managed to see it. Needless to say, it did not disappoint me!

The title clearly suggests that this film is about time travel, which a lot of films seem to be about, like another recent film starring Tom Cruise  'Edge of Tomorrow.'  Days of Future Past features Woverine going back in time to the 1970's to prevent a new weapons system that threatens the mutants and also humanity itself being created. The plot itself is quite simple yet it can be found to be quite confusing at times, as time travel is. There is not as much huge actions scenes in it as I had anticipated yet there is just enough action to keep the audience excited to see what happens next. The graphics and visuals of the film are obviously fantastic, and there is a lot of humor to be found also. Which is an added bonus in these type of films.

The cast was absolutely amazing, I don't think a better cast could have been chosen. I might be a little biased saying that as many of my favourite actors/actresses star in it. It features Hugh Jackman, Jennifer Lawrence, Ellen Page, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart and Evan Peters. Most of these actors have previously played these roles and I feel that they are the right choices for it. Evan Peters role as Quicksilver that was introduced was definitely a good choice in my opinion and his main scene in slow motion was undeniably my favourite scene from the movie and definitely the most humorous.

Overall, the film lives up to the standard of the X-Men films, which is pretty high. Even if you haven't seen the previous films, this film will still make sense and you don't need much background information to understand what is happening. The film also gives Marvel new space to expand on the X-Men films which is a good thing for fans. If you haven't already seen this film, I suggest going to see it before it goes out of the theatres.

No comments