Transformers: Age of Extinction Review

I saw this film last weekend which confused me a little as I heard the release date was for the 10th of July. I heard a lot of negative reviews for this film which I tried to ignore but I didn't keep high hopes for it being any good.

Age of Extinction is the fourth Transformers film and is directed by Michael Bay as previous films and Steven Spielberg as the executive producer. The human cast of the film is entirely new and I really prefered these characters to previous characters in the franchise. The film includes the remaining Autobots and introduces the Dinobots.

The plot of the film is a little complicated and I feel as if there was way too much going on all at once. It felt like instead of having the usual one enemy, this movie had more than it needed. It felt like I was watching multiple movies at once. This may be due to the fact I managed to miss the first five minutes of the movie and may have missed something major at the start that would have eased my confusion.

I don't want to ruin the plot or spoil too much of the storyline for people who haven't seen it and want to. You don't need any prior knowledge of Transformers or the films to undersrand what is happening. As usual the effects and robots look amazing and are done brilliantly. The film definetly looks good! There seemed to be a lot of product placement in the film, maybe I just thought that but somethings just seemed too exaggerated not to be an advertisement. If you wanted to see dinosaurs in the film, I'm afraid you'll have to settle for the Dinobots who are introduced briefly. I was expecting there to be a lot of dinosaurs in the film which was a stupid expectation as it's a film about robots. There was one oe two humourous parts and elements to the film. My favourite robot is Bumblebee so I tend to laugh a lot at things he does and says anyway.

I did enjoy the film, however it felt extremely long. It's longer than the other films of the franchise and you can definitely feel it. I think I would have enjoyed it more if it was shorter and they cut some unnecessary parts out. I may just be a little cynical but it was very visually pleasing and I will watch it again someday.

Has anyone else seen this film yet and what did you think?

No comments