Dublin Comic Con 2016

This is another one of those posts that should've been up ages ago. I genuinely need to get back on track with blogging again as it's so easy to fall behind. Also going back to University soon means I really need to prepare and stay on top of blogging even more.
Anyway, since I'm sure everyone's sick of reading me apologizing for slow posts (and also no one cares except me) so, moving on; I attended Dublin Comic Con a few weeks back and thought it might be a good post for fellow nerds like me who might be interested in my experience.



Last year I went to the same convention, I have a post from last year here if you'd like to check it out too. They put it on in the Convention Centre and it's such a pretty building. If you've never seen it before it's a six or seven story building that has a huge glass side with such a pretty view over Dublin City centre. It also lights up so nice during the night, it's one of my favourite buildings to be in in the city.

     

    

I attended with my boyfriend and met up with some friends and family. There was only one talk I wanted to attend that was in the afternoon so we spend most of the morning exploring and checking out all the stalls, We bought the above Doctor Who artwork as we both fell in love with it. I love the idea of mixing David Bowie and Doctor Who together, it just works so well, plus the art is so good. I also got really tasty strawberries with chocolate and marshmallows, yum.
The Comic Con's in Ireland are no where near as big as the one's in America, no surprises there, so there's not much to do and not too many stars to see but there was a few guests that I really wanted to meet.

    


I met Michael Biehn who stars in the Terminator and Alien and also Robert Maschio who plays the Todd in Scrubs and they were both lovely. We got to talk to Robert for a little bit and bought an original script from him, how cool is that? 
The main thing I went to comic con for was to see Jim Beaver, who plays Bobby Singer in Supernatural, which is like my favourite show ever. I went to his Q&A session and it was genuinely so funny. He's such a down to earth and funny guy, literally like he is in the show and I enjoyed listening to everything he had to say. That was the only talk I went to and I kind of wish I went to more. I didn't have the most eventful comic con experience but it's so much fun meeting and seeing people that you watch in shows and movies in real life surrounded by people who have similar interests.

Has anyone ever been to a Comic Convention before? Have you any cool experiences? I'd love to hear about them! 

5 comments

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I love your outfit and hair too ♡ Lily Lea ♡

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I wish it was a bigger event over here though! Thank you! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. DOCTOR WHO YAAAAASSSSSSSS (sorry, can't focus on anything else if I see something related...) I love that artwork! Loved to see all the pictures, and your hair looked really cute! Great post!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a Doctor Who fan then?? I know same it's so pretty I wish I could make stuff like that! And thank you space buns can be so cute but so awkward! xx

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Looks so fun!
    Isabelle
    http://isabelleelli.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete