Kiko Bits and Pieces

 I've never tried any Kiko products as they've none in Ireland (that I've found before anyway), so I picked up a few bits in the London store to try them out, as I've heard that they're quite good and affordable. I needed these eye shadow shades and a contour kit so that's what I picked up.


The two eye shadows that I picked up were from the Smart Colour Eyeshadows, the pink shade in number 15 Pearly Azalea and the yellow number 25 Pearly Yellow. I got these two shades as they are colours that I didn't have before and wanted. Pearly Azalea is a bright and vibrant pink which is soft and pigmented and really brightening and gentle on the eyes. I find it goes really nice on the crease of your eye with brown shades, and it even goes with the yellow quite well, my two favourite colours. The shade Pearly Yellow is a pale and pretty yellow and it looks really nice on the inner corners of your eyes, yet the shade itself is not very pigmented and takes a few layers and a lot of product to show on your eyes. 


The contour palette is the Smart Contour Palette, the bronzer side comes out very dark and well on the skin and leaves a really matte and soft finish, yet it's easily blend-able. I think I may have gotten a shade too dark for me but I like to buffer it out and bronze my whole face too so it's not so bad. The highlight part is disappointing and doesn't have great highlighting qualities, unless you like a subtle highlight. For me, highlight always has to be a little dramatic and shimmery and this just doesn't do the job, it's nice for a natural look, but just not the type for me, it's too gentle.

The swatches are eyeshadow 15 Pearly Azalea, 25 Pearly Yellow, Smart contouring palette contour and highlight.

Overall, I really like the products and would definitely try some more, especially some more single eyeshadows which are really good value.
Has anyone tried any Kiko products before and have a favourite?

4 comments

  1. Kiko is such a great "drugstore" brand with great products, I find that there mascaras are great. Unfortunetaly I can't get them now where I live. Anyways I love the two nude / brown eye shadows.

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's none where I live either I got these on a trip to London! They seem so affordable I wish there was more stores around! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I think that KIKO is a great brand, especially as it is on the affordable side, but their products can be a bit hit and miss sometimes. Thanks for sharing! xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard mixed reviews but from what I've seen so far it seems pretty good! No bother! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete