Pastel Goth Kat Von D | Palette Review

It's my first post back and I have a lot of products that I have tried over the past year that I have been AWOL. The palette that I have used the most recently is Kat Von D's Pastel Goth palette. When trying to link this product it seems that it has been discontinued on Kat Von D's website -  but is still available on a few others. I was really drawn to this palette as every single colour in the palette was a shade that I did not already own. Being pastel and rainbow coloured was really appealing for me as I was trying to expand on my makeup skills and looks and therefore this palette was an instant hit. Although I wasn't anticipating to wear it as frequent as any other neutral shade palette I own. 


There are only eight shades in this palette which makes it quite small - yet each shade is very different from the next which gives it extra versatility. The shades are all pastel versions of the colours mainly found in a rainbow. As they are pastel I assumed they would be slightly muted in colour - yet was I extremely wrong. The colour pay-off of these shades is amazing. The consistency is very chalk like which is a little strange but it really allows the colours to stand out when applied. If using this palette using Skull - the white shade as a base is also a good idea for giving stronger colour pay-off for the other colours. The weird thing about this palette is that I'm using shades like green and blue like they were a casual brown or beige and I'm loving it. My most used and favourite shades are Star, Clementine and Meow (the first three shades) as wearing them all together makes a really beautiful sunset eye.



The below swatches are of the palette in order - although the quality of the picture is not the best. You can see in the picture that the shades are very chalky and look subtle but vibrant in shade. They look so much better on the eyes than on my arm I can confirm. This is the first Kat Von D palette I own and the quality is definitely worth investing in. Her products are all cruelty free and vegan which makes it much more appealing to me also.


If anyone has any suggestions on which colour combinations I should try please comment below! And if anyone has tried this palette before what are your opinions?


3 comments

  1. The colours in Kat Von D's 'Pastel Goth' palette look vibrant and pretty. I would imagine that one could create some very wild and beautiful eye-makeup looks with them and that those eyeshadows would look very pretty with winged eyeliner. I would love watching a tutorial if you ever decide to make one and upload it to your (Leigh Brady's) YouTube channel videos :D

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been playing around with them and it's great! Ah thank you! Don't think I'll ever upload a video like that I'm not good enough! I feel more comfortable doing music!

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I am loving all the colours!

    ReplyDelete