Body Shop Carrot Wash Energising Face Cleanser | Review

 This cleanser was not something that I went into the Body Shop to purchase. I actually had never heard of this collection before but when I saw it I knew it was something I'm interested in. This product is the Body Shop Carrot Energising Face Cleanser. This product is vegan and comes in 100% recyclable packaging, which is something I love in a product. The packaging also has a really nice feel to it. This cleanser is made from what they describe as 'ugly' or 'wonky' carrots, ones that aren't commercially sellable in the super market that people don't want to eat as they look unpleasing. I appreciate that these carrots aren't going to waste and will actually be used for something. I also really love when you look up this product on the website there is a really clear 'how to use' section. 

I can't say that I've ever used carrots in any of my skincare routines before. I feel like in general skin care products, usually fruits are used rather than vegetables. I was excited to try this as carrots are one of my favourite vegetables. This face wash does smell like carrots and it's very subtle, it doesn't have a strong smell but it is pleasant. This scrub is meant for daily use and although it is a cleanser I would not use it as a cleanser in terms of taking makeup off but more as an energising morning face wash. This makes your skin feel super soft and the carrot feels really nice for your skin. I don't know what properties carrot would have for doing good things for your skin but it does feel really cleansed. It feels similar to using a citrus scrub. This is definitely a product I would re-buy and will probably have in my skin care routine in the future.

Has anyone tried this before what do you think?

2 comments

  1. I have never tried carrot wash, but have loved other products from The Body Shop that I've purchased in the past. It looks like a health and beauty product that would be very beneficial and that I would enjoy using. I love that it's vegan.

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, for me the only way to use carrots is to eat them ๐Ÿ˜€. But more seriously, it is certainly a good and effective cosmetic ๐Ÿ™‚.

    ReplyDelete