C.Y.O. Haul

Just before lockdown I wanted to restock on some make-up. I often use the C.Y.O. foundation as it's pretty affordable and cruelty free. Yet on this trip the whole section had been cleared and I couldn't find any. I was told by staff in Boots that they were discontinuing the whole collection which I found very sad to see. I thought it may have just been that Boots were stopping selling them but after a quick google I found out that everything is discontinued and the site has put up an announcement. I hate to see a good brand go and it will be annoying to read considering the products are now unavailable but I thought I'd share anyway incase there's still some places with stock! I bought a good few things and a few things I wouldn't normally buy as everything was more than half price to clear stock.


What I got: 
  • C.Y.O. long lasting foundation - this is something I've used many times before and love the lightweight consistency. I go for the lighter shades and even at that they can come out quite dark but do look nice when properly blended. It's very watery and smooth and lets other products sit on top nicely.
  • Triple Fix prime, glow and mist - honestly the look of this really intrigued me. Its a very pale pink which has a shimmer flowing throughout which you shake around and honestly it just looks pretty. I haven't tried it yet but it's meant to prep the skin and also leave a nice glow so I'm not sure how shimmery it is on the skin but is very interesting.
  • Plumping Lip gloss in the shade Act Up - this is very nice lip gloss material which is kinda sticky but also very shimmery with little specks of glitter throughout, it's also pretty light on.
  • Kohl gel eyeliner in the shade highflier - this is just your basic eyeliner but I really liked this as its a very electric blue which is not something I can say I've ever tried before. I won't get a lot of use out of it but it'll definitely make an eye look pop.


  • Take the Threeway shadow, liner and mascara - this is interesting too as it's very skinny and small for something that has a few things incapsulated inside. On one side theres a liner and underneath that is and eyeshadow that you can blend. On the opposite end there's a mascara. I think this is such a good idea and perfect for short trips or something to throw in your bag for everyday use.
  • Brow Sculpting pencil - this is your standard pencil with one end being the pencil shade, and the other being a brush. I feel like you can't go wrong with a pencil that has a brush with it it's always a bonus to help get the perfect blend.
  • Two clever by half lipstick and liner in the shade Free Pass - I think you could tell if you've read this far that I love duo products or things which have more than one function and this is no different. One side is a liner and the other is the lipstick, which again is perfect for having in your bag and carrying around.

Has anyone tried any products before? What would you try if you could?

 

2 comments

  1. Great cosmetics haul! It's wonderful that C.F.O. foundation is cruelty free
    I have never tried any of C.Y.O.'s makeup beauty products, but they sound like very desirable.
    The electric blue eyeliner sounds pretty.
    I like the idea of the three-way shadow, liner and mascara and also of the Free Pass lipstick and liner. That reminds me of a time when I had a hard time finding a lipstick I was looking for in my large purse one Halloween night. I was just thinking how the convenient and time saving it would be to have the products you referenced in the side pocket of a purse or in a clutch!

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! I wish this brand was still available to try ; - ; I never got to do a haul from them, so I enjoyed your post a lot x


    Mari | www.dazedmari.com

    ReplyDelete