Primark Matte Lip Kit | Review

Matte liquid lipsticks and matte lip kits have been a trend for the past year or so, especially with Kylie Cosmetics lip kits being so huge, even though I've sadly not tried Kylie products before. The lip kit matte collection from Primark (Penneys in Ireland) looks like a Kylie dupe, which was four euro, a price which I could not say no to, so I thought I'd test it out and see what it's like. 


The lip kit comes with one lip liner and one matte liquid lipstick, of which I own the shade Cookie Dough. They have two matte shades and two metallic ones in the store I was at. First impressions I think that they look quite good, and for the price I wasn't expecting them to be great. On first application I found that the liquid lipstick packaging and applicator felt thin and cheap. The lip liner applied smoothly and was a lighter colour than the liquid lipstick, but by itself it is much better, I don't think it matches the liquid lipstick too much. The liquid lipstick felt cake-y applying it yet I was impressed with how long it stayed on my lips even after eating. It kind of cracks and creases in places so it doesn't look the best after being reapplied so I recommend only wearing it for short periods.  



The colour is quite dark in the tube but not as dark when applied, it's more brown and dark nude than a pink but still a nude shade. The formulation is flaky and I think wearing it for prolonged periods would dry out your lips. I can't imagine myself wearing it too much, I might use the lip liner more than the liquid lipstick.

(The swatches are the matte liquid lipstick and the lip liner)

Overall, I think for the price, it is good value, but I would much rather invest in something that is of better quality. It's not the worst but and in terms of dupes I think it's a pretty good lip kit dupe, if the quality was a little better I would highly rate it.

Has anyone else tried this before?

8 comments

  1. I've never tried any kylie lip kit! And also never tried this from Primark, cos I don't have a primark where I currently live. The color is very pretty though but too bad that the formula is too flaky and drying.

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to buy the Kylie ones because I've heard so many bad reviews! You're missing out not living near a Primark! But some of the quality isn't great on all there things you need to be careful xx

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. The colour is pretty but overall, I haven't heard very good things about the Primark Lip Kits. I know that Makeup Revolution have some so I'm curious to try those and see how they compare. x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wanted the Makeuup Revolution ones but they were all sold out of the colour that I wanted so I settled for this instead! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Really enjoyed reading this review from you! x Not going to lie, these sound quite alright for the price! x As far as lip kits go, the closest I've come to finding one similar to my kylie is the lip kits by Mouthy by Megan Mckenna! They're so good! x
    Marina x
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not awful and I like the colour so I can deal with some lack of quality! I've never heard of them but I'll look into it! Thanks for letting me know! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Loved the review! I've never tried anything from Primark!

    Have an amazing day!
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No way! You need to visit asap, it's hard to get through everything in store but you'll find some bargains!xx

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete