Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks | Review

Okay so I've been after these liquid lipsticks, and just anything Kat Von D for ages, after I heard they were coming to Ireland I was delighted as they are a vegan brand, which I am all for. I had heard a lot of wonderful things about all the products, but most of all the Everlasting liquid lipsticks. They're quite expense, working out at about twenty euro each, which is quite steep in my opinion, but at the same time the quality and longevity you get out of them makes up for it. I think they're the prefect thing to treat yourself with or even to gift someone. 


The shades that I wear most are mainly nudes, brown nudes and pink/purple tone nudes. When it comes to liquid lipsticks I love simple but pretty, especially because of how hard they are to get off, wearing something crazy isn't always the best idea. But if wilder shades are what you're into there are some really pretty blues and reds in this collection that I would love to be able to pull off. 

The shades that I have are Plath and Hawkwind. These shades are both very similar in terms of how they look in the tube, yet on my lips they are very different. In the swatches and tube Plath looks much darker than Hawkwind, yet they are the opposite when I wear them. Plath is a deep russet red, but when on, I think it is a very deep red with brown undertones. Hawkwind is probably my favourite out of the two and is described as a nude sienna, on the lips it is a dark nude brown, which isn't as dark as it seems it would be. They're both dark lipsticks in general though.

The consistency of the lipsticks is very nice, with a very smooth and easily applicable formula. The colour dries almost instantly on your lips, so you need to be careful, yet the formula is not drying at all and it doesn't dry out during the day either. I think that it is the longest lasting lipstick I've ever tried and it would last the whole day with one application, although it would rub off a bit and fade, a lighter version of it remains, which is still very nice. Even when I'm taking off my make up I find that this lipstick just doesn't want to budge off my lips, it takes a lot of effort to wipe it all off. 

 (The above swatches are of Hawkwind and Plath)

Overall, these are worth the price that you pay, they're all beautiful shades, good quality, good colour payout and longevity. I would highly recommend these and will definitely be starting a collection

Has anyone else tried these or any other Kat Von D products?

No comments