Skinny Dip Liquid Lip Products | Review

I know you're probably thinking that you didn't know that Skinny Dip did lip products, well either did I until a friend gifted me these Pout Power Matte Lip Paints. These came in a set of three and they're quite different than the lip products that I would normally go for. I don't have any lip colours that come in tubes like this unless they are lip balm like products, but these are more like liquid lipsticks than anything. I thought I would dislike them but they're growing on me more and more and I'm reaching for them more lately than I thought I would. 


The three different shades of these lip colours are Flawless, Flamin' Hot and Girl Gang. Flawless is a brown and oranged toned nude, which I thought I would hate as oranges don't look good on me because of how pale I am, but it's my favourite of the lot. Flamin' Hot is a dark pink red shade, which isn't as dark on as it is on the packaging. The last one is Girl Gang which is a really pale light pink, which is my least favourite as I think it's a little bit too pink, and I hate that in a lip colour.
The application of these lip colours is one I actually enjoy.


The nib of the lip colour is a fluffy applicator that you squeeze the tube so that product comes out. It doesn't look so nice after you've used it as the product stains the top, and I cant imagine it being very hygienic. I actually love how easy it is to apply, and it feels like you're applying a lip balm rather than liquid colour. The product is creamy and smooths out nicely, admittedly it doesn't last an awful long time, it's not a hassle to re-apply. The product is completely matte but gives a nice moisture to your lips, not drying them out. One of the other great things about these is that they're cruelty free and aren't that expensive.
The above swatches are in order, Flamin' Hot, Girl Gang and Flawless.

I would love to try more products like this if anyone has any suggestions!

Has anyone tried these before? What do you think of them?

6 comments

  1. These lipsticks look so pretty and I like that they don’t have the usual packaging. I think that flawless would definitely be my favourite :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would hate it but I love it, and it's the one I wear the most for sure! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Like you, I associate Skinny Dip with their amazing phone cases so this is definitely a surprise for me too! That said, Flamin' Hot is a stunning colour!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like they have upped their game with lots of new products and they're surprisingly good! x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. They are beautiful shades! Too bad not to have skinny dip here in Italy, I would have liked to try their lip line!
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're very pretty! Maybe you might be able to order online? x

      - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete