The Child (Baby Yoda) Star Wars ColourPop Makeup Palette | Review

If you've managed to survive the past year without seeing how much the Child (Baby Yoda) from the Mandalorian has taken over every sector of merch and popular culture well done. Even if you haven't seen the series it is really hard to avoid this cute little creature. I am a big Star Wars fan generally but this series is my favourite out of all and this character may have played a part in it. Everything I have seen with the Child on it I have wanted. I am aware he has a name but for the sake of not spoiling anything from the series I won't use it. Plus it's much cuter this way. At the end of last year ColourPop released a collab with the character and it is much cuter in person than I could've expected. And also quite wearable for being inspired by a green creature. 



The palette is small, as you would expect with most ColourPop palettes, and all of the colours are inspired by the character himself. The palette has a really soft feel to it that I'm not sure how to describe. The decoration is precious. There is a picture of the Child on the mirror which states "cutest in the galaxy" obviously talking about both the reflection and the image itself. There is also a very cute frog image in the bottom corner which is a cute touch. The names of the shades are inspired by the character and the outer Star Wars universe which is always clever. Half of the shades are green and some brown neutral shade inspired by the Child's skin and outfit. I actually think the palette is really neutral which is strange for a green palette. The consistency varies between the different shades with the shimmer colours being slightly more coarse than the non-shimmer shades. The non-shimmer shades are a little chalky but still creamy. The shimmers are very shimmery and have big glitter chunks and are a lot more pigmented than the other shades.

The shades I like the most are Precious Cargo, a white slightly gold shimmer shade, Sipping Soup, which is the cutest name and it's a strange gold green colour and The Force, which is a brown orange shimmer shade with lots of colour in it.


Swatches are in order, the above is of Precious Cargo, Right Hand Mando, Just like Tatooine, and Sipping Soup.

The above swatches are of Baby Face, The Force, Little Frog, Float Your Crib, and Droid Protocol.

I really love this palette, you can tell a lot of thought was put into its production and the creators had a lot of fun creating the shades and design. I do believe it is now back in stock here, and for only $16 I think it's a super bargain of a palette. Plus I don't think it's something that they will have for much longer either so if you're interested I say snap this up as quick as you can as This is the Way.

Has anyone tried this or seen the series? What do you think of either? Let me know in the comments. 


2 comments

  1. I love how you ended your review with

    "I say snap this up as quick as you can as This is the Way."!!!

    I ordered this a couple of weeks ago :D And it's finally shipped! Loved your review. I hope you're having a fantastic new year xo!

    Mari | www.dazedmari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone has caught on to this! I can tell you have enjoyed the series also! It's so worth it! It's the cutest palette in my collection I hope you enjoy using it! You too! x

      - Leigh www.eternalleigh.blogspot.com

      Delete